A Different View of Writing Your History
Take a picture of your house, apartment, front door. I can’t find a really good picture of my maternal grandparents home and none of the outside of my paternal grandparents.
We tend to take pictures of flowers, garden, people, even the street, but not necessarily the house. Do it today. It doesn’t matter if the yard isn’t perfectly mowed or the door needs painted. Years from now you may find it funny what mattered “then!” I have photos of my parent’s house and mine, but not everywhere else I have lived in between.
- Make a list of your pets now and throughout your life. It’s OK if you can’t remember whether you got your favorite dog in 5th or 6th grade, but its fun anyway. And take pictures, or collect the ones of previous pets into a (computer/online/hard copy) folder.
- Favorite food you eat out.
- Favorite food your significant other/friend makes.
- Favorite food your mother/father makes/made.
- Favorite food you cook.
- Funniest picture of yourself.
- Funniest picture of your pet.
- Favorite picture of yourself.
- Favorite place you have visited.
- Place you want to visit.
- Memorable moment in your life. What is the first thing that comes to your mind?
Coolest wild animal you have ever seen in the flesh.
- Farthest you have ever driven by yourself. Why did you make the trip?
- Thing you are most grateful for at this moment.